Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:: What's up gamers! ::.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mass Effect 3 Podcast

Go down 
+4
zHHk
theeav3ng3r
Jose T99
gilgamesh v9
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

Antall Innlegg : 103

Mass Effect 3 Podcast Empty
PostSubject: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:49 am

Hey guys, I was thinking the other day, you know what the Mass Effect Community needs? a good Podcast! Think about it, it would be really cool! ZHK could be on it, plus other super good players like RedJohn or Tangster or Godless Paladin, even Xcal! Some of ZHK's crew would also work, like Diablerist and Kronner and such. They could talk about the Monday Balance changes and leaked DLC info and class builds, and take questions from this forum and answer them on the air!

Thoughts?

PS: If possible, I would like to be on at least one episode. That would be sweet.
Back to top Go down
Jose T99

Jose T99

Antall Innlegg : 6

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:08 am

Yes will be awesome if they talk about books and the economy hahahahahaha.
Talking seriously yea will be awesome if they talk about the new patch why is good, why is bad the leaked information most like a resume of the weak

Post merged by Moderator.

Last edited by theeav3ng3r on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merge of threads.)
Back to top Go down
Jose T99

Jose T99

Antall Innlegg : 6

PostSubject: RE: Mass Effect Podcast.   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 am

gilgamesh v9 wrote:

Hey guys, I was thinking the other day, you know what the Mass Effect Community needs? a good Podcast! Think about it, it would be really cool! ZHK could be on it, plus other super good players like RedJohn or Tangster or Godless Paladin, even Xcal! Some of ZHK's crew would also work, like Diablerist and Kronner and such. They could talk about the Monday Balance changes and leaked DLC info and class builds, and take questions from this forum and answer them on the air!

Thoughts?

PS: If possible, I would like to be on at least one episode. That would be sweet.
Sorry I make a new forum check it out I just want reply you hehehe.
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

Antall Innlegg : 91

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:40 am

This is an interesting idea but there is a problem, which is that there is a limited amount of topics that can be covered during a podcast about Mass Effect. The only recurring topic will be the weekly balance updates and even then there is only so much to talk about. Other topics such as DLC will be too far apart for the podcast to really take off.
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:58 am

theeav3ng3r wrote:
This is an interesting idea but there is a problem, which is that there is a limited amount of topics that can be covered during a podcast about Mass Effect. The only recurring topic will be the weekly balance updates and even then there is only so much to talk about. Other topics such as DLC will be too far apart for the podcast to really take off.

yeah i thought about that. hopefully they can make it work though. they would have to do it once every 2 weeks probably
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:15 am

gilgamesh v9 wrote:
theeav3ng3r wrote:
yeah i thought about that. hopefully they can make it work though. they would have to do it once every 2 weeks probably
The main problem will be the duration of the podcast. If it is to short then its not really a podcast and if it is too long then it will be difficult to maintain. I think that instead of Mass Effect podcast, maybe a general gaming podcast in which the hosts talk about a selection of games that they play/future games they want to play.
Back to top Go down
zHHk
Admin
zHHk

Antall Innlegg : 46

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:52 am

I've always liked the idea of a podcast.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/lacokanostradamus
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:44 am

zHHk wrote:
I've always liked the idea of a podcast.
What would you like the main focus of the podcast to be about?
Back to top Go down
zHHk
Admin
zHHk

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:11 am

theeav3ng3r wrote:
What would you like the main focus of the podcast to be about?

Mass Effect would obviously be what would encourage people to listen in, but as mentioned earlier there's only so much that can be said about Mass Effect. But a weekly thing, where we pick a couple of topics, anything bascially. Balance changes and our thoughts on Miranda's ass to new movies screening now, I mean, I just like the idea of a podcast. I have no freakin' idea who would attend it and what we'd actually talk about.
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:42 pm

I listened to a podcast a while back about the Pokémon metagame. About half the time they talked about the game and what was OP and balance changes, and the other half they had Pokémon related questions like "what Pokemon move would you want IRL" and stuff. That could be put into mass effect with questions like

"what Mass Effect Race would you want to be real?"
"What power from ME3 MP would you want?"

In my case it would be Asari and Biotic Charge respectively.
Back to top Go down
Psyfun

Antall Innlegg : 18

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Jose T99 wrote:
Yes will be awesome if they talk about books and the economy hahahahahaha.
Talking seriously yea will be awesome if they talk about the new patch why is good, why is bad the leaked information most like a resume of the weak
Might want to re-post this in the original thread and delete this one, figure you made it by accident Smile.

Post merged by Moderator.

Last edited by theeav3ng3r on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merge of threads.)
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:07 pm

So I was thinking about this podcast idea and the Mass Effect Community in general and what people we would have on. Obviously we'd have to have zhk in there because it'd be his show. I don't want to sound entitled but I would like to be on at least one. Who else would be on here? The rest of zhk's crew (Team Panda) and the other big guys in the community like GodlessPaladin, Stardusk, etc. Having a podcast with Arlexx would be hilarious. I really think that we should try for this.
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:11 am

gilgamesh v9 wrote:
So I was thinking about this podcast idea and the Mass Effect Community in general and what people we would have on. Obviously we'd have to have zhk in there because it'd be his show. I don't want to sound entitled but I would like to be on at least one. Who else would be on here? The rest of zhk's crew (Team Panda) and the other big guys in the community like GodlessPaladin, Stardusk, etc. Having a podcast with Arlexx would be hilarious. I really think that we should try for this.
This is a great idea. Having people on the podcast that are both good at the game as well as who understand how the game works.
zHHk wrote:
Mass Effect would obviously be what would encourage people to listen in, but as mentioned earlier there's only so much that can be said about Mass Effect. But a weekly thing, where we pick a couple of topics, anything bascially. Balance changes and our thoughts on Miranda's ass to new movies screening now, I mean, I just like the idea of a podcast. I have no freakin' idea who would attend it and what we'd actually talk about.
I had a thought about what you could cover in the podcast. You could have a Q'n'A section in which you answer a selection of questions about class builds, weapons that should only be used on certain classes/enemies ect.
Another section of the podcast could be where you set the viewers a challenge. These challenges could be to use 'X' character with 'X' weapon against 'X' enemy for the viewers to complete for fun before the next podcast.
Back to top Go down
zHHk
Admin
zHHk

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:49 am

Going to get a podcast together with

- Myself.
- Diablerist.
- Cyonan.
- GodlessPaladin.
- Sp3c7eR
- JumpinProductions.

I don't know if every one of us will be in every cast or if we'll take "turns" - depending on who's available at that time. Currently we're finding out what time works for all of us - seeing as we're pretty spread out on a worldwide basis. We also discussed having "guests" on our podcasts, the ones I mentioned being the regulars (or semi-regulars at least). The first one I thought of was Bryan Johnson (AdmiralX) but he's an employee of BioWare so discussing the game wouldn't really work out that good for him. He can't share his thoughts and opinions on a lot of subjects. But hopefully we could get some cool guests.

We will probably hold the cast on Twitch.tv - I don't think any of us have webcams, so I'm debating what I should show as a "slide" while talking. Maybe I'll just record a bunch of games, good or bad and render them into one long video and show that as a backdrop.

Hopefully I can use DXtory to livestream, I don't have "funds" to buy XSplit right now and the free version only allows for low resolution streaming - which doesn't only mean the video quality is "meh!" but also the audio. If not I'm gonna have to put it on the backburner for a little while until I get my next paycheck.

The idea would be that we have a couple of main topics every time, and each of us would have a couple of small topics we'd bring and just talk about them, i.e: "So; I just saw this amazing Battlefield montage..." or whatever.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:08 am

zHHk wrote:

- Myself.
- Diablerist.
- Cyonan.
- GodlessPaladin.
- Sp3c7eR
- JumpinProductions.
I like this selection.
I also like the fact that JumpinProductions will be included as this allows different view points of the game (ie. pc version vs console version) pros amd cons of each.
zHHk wrote:
We also discussed having "guests" on our podcasts, the ones I mentioned being the regulars (or semi-regulars at least). The first one I thought of was Bryan Johnson (AdmiralX) but he's an employee of BioWare so discussing the game wouldn't really work out that good for him. He can't share his thoughts and opinions on a lot of subjects.
Having a Bioware dev as a guest would be a great idea, but as you said, he may be limited to the topics of which is can comment on.

Last edited by theeav3ng3r on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

Antall Innlegg : 60

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:04 am

zHHk wrote:

We also discussed having "guests" on our podcasts, the ones I mentioned being the regulars (or semi-regulars at least). The first one I thought of was Bryan Johnson (AdmiralX) but he's an employee of BioWare so discussing the game wouldn't really work out that good for him. He can't share his thoughts and opinions on a lot of subjects. But hopefully we could get some cool guests.

I don't think having a bioware dev is a great idea. I am having a lot of complaints about the game and its getting weirder everyday with the glitches. last time I went into a game where i was invincible and everybody stated dying with one shot once their shields were taken down, even bosses. He'll say they are working on it, but we know most of things like the vanguard glitch and weapons that suck outside host will never be fixed. And by any chance you get a bioware person for the podcast, please dont discuss the ending. I cant take another bioware guy trying to make sense of the ending. It will ruin the entire podcast.

I love the selection. I am subscribed to most of those people so to have them all in one place is a brilliant idea.
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:22 am

You could all chat via Skype and record the call with one of numerous plugins and and then upload it to YouTube and make the MP3 available for download somwhere.

Also having random QnA from subs would be funny

What is the name of the podcast?

Anyone here good at art stuff that could make a cover/backdrop for the cast?
Back to top Go down
Diarihanna

Diarihanna

Antall Innlegg : 12

PostSubject: I agree   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:27 am

Hey i have subscribed to zhhk,jumping and xcalizors,anyways i think this is a great idea but i dont think you need more than 4 people in a podcast at a time since you will be discussing topics, answering questions from us (le fans) and giving your opinions in general so i think that would take up all the time, but anyways just do it cus you guys are great.
Back to top Go down
only1biggs
only1biggs

Antall Innlegg : 75

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:52 am

Diarihanna wrote:
Hey i have subscribed to zhhk,jumping and xcalizors,anyways i think this is a great idea but i dont think you need more than 4 people in a podcast at a time since you will be discussing topics, answering questions from us (le fans) and giving your opinions in general so i think that would take up all the time, but anyways just do it cus you guys are great.

i agree, "too many cooks", you don't want to be talking over each other. just start small and slow zhhk, should be fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 Podcast   Mass Effect 3 Podcast I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3 Podcast
Page 1 of 1