Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:: What's up gamers! ::.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fun thing to do..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Izzy
Legend
Legend
Izzy

Antall Innlegg : 33

Fun thing to do..  Empty
PostSubject: Fun thing to do..    Fun thing to do..  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:04 pm

Posted on: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hello everyone,

First of all : this is not an official operation ; this is a group initiative.
I thought it would be nice to have some "group-only" operations while the official ones are off. This is my first attempt at this, so keep in mind there might be glitches

~~ Goal ~~

The point is to have people make speedruns on any difficulty. The winning teams will be awarded cash equivalent of PSPs (1 per player).
This operation will start on Wednesday August 15th, 2pm CET (yeah, that's tomorrow) and will end on Thursday August 22nd, 10pm CET.
Sounds simple, huh ? Well there are rules.

~~ The Name of the Game ~~

The point is to extract from any map except Glacier on any difficulty as fast as possible. You have to post a screenshot of the ending results (with scores, medals and everything) here in this topic to validate your time. You can write everything you want and even make detailed reports, but the screenshot has to be posted first.

1 report = 1 post. No multiple reports into one post, thank you.

Full extraction is not required but only surviving players will be rewarded ! In short, if you die on wave 11 but your team makes the best time, you won't get anything. So be smart in this extraction wave !

Only 1 Geth Infiltrator per team is allowed. This is is to prevent the oh-so-common "4 Geth Infiltrators with Piranhas" scheme. Sure it's fast but it's boring.

You have to be a member of the N7 Operatives group since August 14th, 10pm CET (like 20 minutes ago ; welcome Calgac by the way ). This is mostly to prevent "outside" speedrun teams to reap the rewards.

You can play with people outside the group if you want but you cannot win the event. So only "full N7 Operatives" teams can actually compete ; speedruns made with other players can be posted for fun/bragging/information/whatever but must therefore be labeled as "FUN" (see below).

You can only compete for 1 difficulty. It means that if you report for a Bronze game AND a Gold game, you have to choose which one will enter the competition ; the other one will be labeled as "FUN" (this has to be written below or above the screenshot). This is to prevent skilled speedrunners to get all rewards. So even if you post 2 results on 2 difficulties with 2 different teams, the simple fact that you are present in both means you have to choose. Therefore, I suggest you pick your difficulty and your team wisely !

~~ Rewards ~~

Each member of the team will receive the cash equivalent of 1 PSP ; since 1 PSP = 240 Bioware Points and 400 BW points = 4 €, that means a whopping 2.40 € per member. That means 9.60 € per winning team (unless you speedrun with less players), which makes for a grand total of 38.40 € prize pool. Weeeee.
I will personnally fund these rewards and will only use Paypal to transfer them, therefore it is a good idea to check that you have a Paypal account before competing. You can still compete if you don't but I will not be able to transfer you any reward. Tough luck (but my wallet says "thank you" ).

~~ Final words ~~

The purpose of this is mostly for you (and me) to have fun. It's also a disguised way for you to make friends with people in the group if you haven't already done so As an added bonus, that can be a fun way to wait in-between two official operations.

If this operation is a success (read : many participants who have fun), I will make more of them in the future. Like maybe 1 per month or something. But let's see if this one succeeds first

Please be fair ! There are obvious holes (e.g. I won't look for photoshopped screen results) and there might be errors or things unclear, so do not hesitate to contact me (via this topic or via PM). The rules above might change during the operation if something is wrong, so please bear with me

Thank you and have fun
Hello everyone,

First of all : this is not an official operation ; this is a group initiative.
I thought it would be nice to have some "group-only" operations while the official ones are off. This is my first attempt at this, so keep in mind there might be glitches [smilie]/images/forum/emoticons/sideways.png[/smilie]

[color:1b6e=rgb(255, 255, 0)]~~ Goal ~~

The point is to have people make speedruns on any difficulty. The winning teams will be awarded cash equivalent of PSPs (1 per player).
This operation will start on Wednesday August 15th, 2pm CET (yeah, that's tomorrow) and will end on Thursday August 22nd, 10pm CET.
Sounds simple, huh ? Well there are rules.

[color:1b6e=rgb(255, 255, 0)]~~ The Name of the Game ~~

• The point is to extract from any map except Glacier on any difficulty as fast as possible. You have to post a screenshot of the ending results (with scores, medals and everything) here in this topic to validate your time. You can write everything you want and even make detailed reports, but the screenshot has to be posted first.
  • 1 report = 1 post. No multiple reports into one post, thank you.
  • Full extraction is not required but only surviving players will be rewarded ! In short, if you die on wave 11 but your team makes the best time, you won't get anything. So be smart in this extraction wave !
  • Only 1 Geth Infiltrator per team is allowed. This is is to prevent the oh-so-common "4 Geth Infiltrators with Piranhas" scheme. Sure it's fast but it's boring.
  • You have to be a member of the N7 Operatives group since August 14th, 10pm CET (like 20 minutes ago ; welcome Calgac by the way [smilie]/images/forum/emoticons/joyful.png[/smilie]). This is mostly to prevent "outside" speedrun teams to reap the rewards.
  • You can play with people outside the group if you want but you cannot win the event. So only "full N7 Operatives" teams can actually compete ; speedruns made with other players can be posted for fun/bragging/information/whatever but must therefore be labeled as "FUN" (see below).
  • You can only compete for 1 difficulty. It means that if you report for a Bronze game AND a Gold game, you have to choose which one will enter the competition ; the other one will be labeled as "FUN" (this has to be written below or above the screenshot). This is to prevent skilled speedrunners to get all rewards. So even if you post 2 results on 2 difficulties with 2 different teams, the simple fact that you are present in both means you have to choose. Therefore, I suggest you pick your difficulty and your team wisely !

[color:1b6e=rgb(255, 255, 0)]~~ Rewards ~~

Each member of the team will receive the cash equivalent of 1 PSP ; since 1 PSP = 240 Bioware Points and 400 BW points = 4 €, that means a whopping 2.40 € per member. That means 9.60 € per winning team (unless you speedrun with less players), which makes for a grand total of 38.40 € prize pool. Weeeee.
I will personnally fund these rewards and will only use Paypal to transfer them, therefore it is a good idea to check that you have a Paypal account before competing. You can still compete if you don't but I will not be able to transfer you any reward. Tough luck (but my wallet says "thank you" [smilie]/images/forum/emoticons/sideways.png[/smilie]).

[color:1b6e=rgb(255, 255, 0)]~~ Final words ~~

The purpose of this is mostly for you (and me) to have fun. It's also a disguised way for you to make friends with people in the group if you haven't already done so [smilie]/images/forum/emoticons/smile.png[/smilie] As an added bonus, that can be a fun way to wait in-between two official operations.

If this operation is a success (read : many participants who have fun), I will make more of them in the future. Like maybe 1 per month or something. But let's see if this one succeeds first [smilie]/images/forum/emoticons/smile.png[/smilie]

Please be fair ! There are obvious holes (e.g. I won't look for photoshopped screen results) and there might be errors or things unclear, so do not hesitate to contact me (via this topic or via PM). The rules above might change during the operation if something is wrong, so please bear with me [smilie]/images/forum/emoticons/whistling.png[/smilie]

Thank you and have fun [smilie]/images/forum/emoticons/wizard.png[/smilie]

But you have to join the group.. If anyone is interested just check it out.. =)
Back to top Go down

Fun thing to do..
Page 1 of 1