Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:: What's up gamers! ::.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Texture Mods

Go down 
+2
PaganPoetry
Zoetropes
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoetropes

Antall Innlegg : 19

Texture Mods Empty
PostSubject: Texture Mods   Texture Mods I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Hey guys,

As some others I suspect, I started playing ME3 MP primarily because I'm an ME-fan, loved the trilogy, not because I'm an avid online MP gamer.

One of the things I've enjoyed doing over the years is texture modding and such, so I thought I'd have a go at it for ME3 MP. Here are some of the results, please note that you can't swap models yet, only reskin existing ones.

Liara (Asari Adept or Vanguard):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
YT: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shiala (Asari Adept or Vanguard):

Mordin (Salarian Engineer or Infil):

Tela Vasir (Asari Justicar):

I'm working on Legion, Tali, Kal'Reegar and a few others, but a lot of the MP textures are halfskins, so characters with non-symmetrical facial features (Wrex's scar, Garrus' visor) will be difficult to do.

If anyone's interested in getting / using these, maybe for some thematic runs, let me know and I'll host or upload the files somewhere =] These are not improved 4096x4096 textures, just straight swaps.

My method of using them involves rewriting the PCC files and updating the TOC, but I believe it's easy to use TexMod/T2.

What do you think?

Z.
Back to top Go down
Zoetropes

Texture Mods Empty
PostSubject: A gunmetal gray missile launcher   Texture Mods I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:03 pm

Addendum to my previous texture mods post, I've also retextured the missile launcher. I know others have done this, too, but I figured I'd share the results.

(Sorry no screenshot yet, I'll add one later but I'm booted into OS X)

What do you think? I like how it's less jarring than the white both on my own model and others, since most people seem to prefer the darker character look.

There is a link to the diffuse map in the YT desc, the normal and specular are unchanged, so you can just drop it in. If you would like actual instructions how to use it I can of course post, but there are so many different ways of applying texmods that I didn't want to spam.

Z.
Back to top Go down
PaganPoetry

Antall Innlegg : 9

Texture Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texture Mods   Texture Mods I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:40 pm

These are pretty awesome!
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

Antall Innlegg : 91

Texture Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texture Mods   Texture Mods I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:03 am

Very nice.
I think that I like the Tela Vasir one the most.
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

Texture Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texture Mods   Texture Mods I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:34 am

The missile launcher looks awesome in black!
I wish that the player was able to change the colour of the missile launcher to match their character colours, as the missile launcher as it is just looks out of place on most colour schemes.
Back to top Go down
Zoetropes

Texture Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texture Mods   Texture Mods I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:28 am

As promised here are some screenshots of the missile launcher on a pretty well-lit map:

They are downsized somewhat (I play in 1920x1080) but you get the idea =]

You will notice in the first pic how the Asari logo I swapped out for the Alliance logo looks weird with a darker background, this is because I never bothered to change the specular map but it's only noticeable under specific lighting conditions and even then not much of a bother.

Z.
Back to top Go down
IceFire89

IceFire89

Antall Innlegg : 17

Texture Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texture Mods   Texture Mods I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Looks awesome, nice work
I too like the Tela Vasir skin the most
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

Antall Innlegg : 103

Texture Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texture Mods   Texture Mods I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:46 pm

oh gosh..., yet another reason why I'm sad I dont have a PC... first zhhk playing with subs and now THIS

i do think the option to change armor like in Single Player would be really awesome though, I'm tired of the same armor for every character. I want some badass krogan armor! And toggleable helmets, so I could have the Archangel helmet on my turians and the Grunt helmet on my krogans...
Back to top Go down
Zoetropes

Texture Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texture Mods   Texture Mods I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:23 am

Just finished up Legion. I know he's supposed to be an Infiltrator but the texture really only works on the Engineer due to the Infil's extra head optics.

Screenshot:

YouTube:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I also packaged up my texture mods in a convenient RAR here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Note that I only provide the largest map possible, you'll have to downsize them in your favorite image editor for the different texture dimensions. I have never needed to replace any texture below 128x128. Stripe-, Tint- and Specular maps are only included when necessary. Diffuse-, Stripe- and Specular maps should be DXT1 2D texture with no MIP maps, Tint maps should be DXT5 but otherwise the same.

I leave it up to you to actually work these into the game, I'm sure everyone has a favorite way of applying texture mods. If you'd like me to, I can post a brief tutorial on how I do it.

On a side note, is anyone posting here familiar with 3DS Max and UE3? I have some thoughts, and if they pan out, there is much fun to be had.

Z.
Back to top Go down
zHHk
Admin
zHHk

Antall Innlegg : 46

Texture Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texture Mods   Texture Mods I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:46 am

Oh. My. God.

They're all awesome. BUT LEGION!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/lacokanostradamus
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

Texture Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texture Mods   Texture Mods I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:05 am

Very nice Legion texture mod.
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

Antall Innlegg : 103

Texture Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texture Mods   Texture Mods I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:17 pm

that Legion is simply amazing... maybe zhhk could do/redo a challenge with characters from the single player now
Back to top Go down
Zoetropes

Texture Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texture Mods   Texture Mods I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:11 am

Just finished up Induction Port a.k.a. Tali:

YT (view on site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for 720p/1080p I guess):

Not happy with the specular map at all, but I'm pretty bad at specular work. This was not at all as straightforward as I thought, the ingame Tali model is UV baked totally different from the MP model.

Z.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Texture Mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texture Mods   Texture Mods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Texture Mods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MASS EFFECT 3 :: General Discussion-
Jump to: