Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:: What's up gamers! ::.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stealth mechanics in ME3 and ME2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleelan

Sleelan

Antall Innlegg : 16

Stealth mechanics in ME3 and ME2 Empty
PostSubject: Stealth mechanics in ME3 and ME2   Stealth mechanics in ME3 and ME2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:56 pm

So. My favorite class in ME series is Infiltrator. I did blind runs as him on Insanity in both ME2 an ME3. As such I had a lot to do with cloak/stealth/invis. And I had to notice some hard bs going on.

In ME2 cloak was, well, rendering you invisible. Fully and undeniably. My first Praetorian fight consisted of 30 mins of running around in cloak, and 10 mins of other stuff. I could run next to collectors without any trouble, they were just searching around for me. It was great utility and damage tool.

What about ME3? Well, my first reaction when I used cloak was "Wtf just killed me and why". Enemies are looking like they do not give 2 shits about the fact that I'm invisible, and they will shoot me. While I'm mobile. From 50 meters. Lethally. And the greatest part is, that it is not happening always. It happens 50% of the time, sometimes mobs will just deaggro and stand still, or focus my teammates. In both SP and MP.
Now here is my question: Is the case of my game being broken, or is that actually the case?
Back to top Go down
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

Antall Innlegg : 60

PostSubject: Re: Stealth mechanics in ME3 and ME2   Stealth mechanics in ME3 and ME2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:28 pm

yeah i think the aggro pool for the cloak is fucked up
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

Antall Innlegg : 91

PostSubject: Re: Stealth mechanics in ME3 and ME2   Stealth mechanics in ME3 and ME2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:41 pm

I read a post by a Bioware Dev over on BSN who said that there are a few of cases when enemies will attack you while you are in cloak.
1. - If you cloak while moving and taking fire, mobs will 'track' you for around 0.5s, then loss aggro.
2. - Mobs can 'hear' noises that your character makes if you get too close them, causing them to attack through cloak.
3. - If you are the only player alive, mobs will sometimes 'peak' at your location and move towards that location.

While I know that this applies for MP, it is quite likely that this applies to SP as well.
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

Antall Innlegg : 103

PostSubject: Re: Stealth mechanics in ME3 and ME2   Stealth mechanics in ME3 and ME2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:49 pm

as an Infiltrator I find this terrible. Its really annoying when you go invisible and see the Blue Ravager Lasers tracking you from 50 meters away
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stealth mechanics in ME3 and ME2   Stealth mechanics in ME3 and ME2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stealth mechanics in ME3 and ME2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MASS EFFECT 3 :: General Discussion-
Jump to: