Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:: What's up gamers! ::.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?

Go down 
+4
zHHk
Sleelan
only1biggs
mignik01
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

Antall Innlegg : 60

Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:50 am

The first paid DLC after the launch (apart from the retarded day 1 dlc) is going to be out soon? Anybody paying 10 more bucks for a singleplayer dlc?
Back to top Go down
only1biggs
only1biggs

Antall Innlegg : 75

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:14 pm

i will probably wait for a week, gather some opinons of those i trust and have a similar mindset, then decide. but at this point, the lore and narrative of mass effect has been obliterated, so i guess that aspect won't matter....
Back to top Go down
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:17 pm

I didn't download the free extended cut dlc. Thats how much i care for bioware's artistic integrity. You complete the leviathan dlc and then what? you get more war assets? What ever it does, is half a days work for my destroyer and I dont have to be disappoiinted in the end.
Back to top Go down
Sleelan

Sleelan

Antall Innlegg : 16

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Are you kidding? After that very remarkable ending, credits and mindf*ck scene that just happen to be looking exactly like stock wallpaper I got to experience "derp buy DLC's plox" message from EA themselves! Screw ruining climate (can you ruin it more), they asked so nicely. How could I refuse?

For serious now, ME3 was last product I bought from Bioware. And "improving" ending (it is beyond any redemption) and adding easter eggs (as if ME3 wasn't the title with worst placed easter eggs ever allready) DLC is not going to be excluded from that.
Back to top Go down
zHHk
Admin
zHHk

Antall Innlegg : 46

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Probably not. To be honest I'm really discouraged to play either of the Mass Effect titles again after playing Mass Effect 3. Multiplayer is one thing, but anything else I'm staying away from. Which is sad because I've sunk a lot of hours into the games, books and comics. I know it might seem like an overraction, but the ending (and Extended Cut) were both terribly awful in my honest opinion - and has made me shy away from the entire franchise.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/lacokanostradamus
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:30 pm

an analogy would be. "no matter how many dishes you add, if the dessert is dog shit, you tend to shy away from the entire meal"
Back to top Go down
only1biggs
only1biggs

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:06 pm

zHHk wrote:
Probably not. To be honest I'm really discouraged to play either of the Mass Effect titles again after playing Mass Effect 3. Multiplayer is one thing, but anything else I'm staying away from. Which is sad because I've sunk a lot of hours into the games, books and comics. I know it might seem like an overraction, but the ending (and Extended Cut) were both terribly awful in my honest opinion - and has made me shy away from the entire franchise.

agreed. i started another playthough the other day, but after the mars mission, i thought, what the fuck am i doing? this is dogshit!
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

Antall Innlegg : 103

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:47 pm

I thought the endings were okay by themselves, but terrible when you realized that they were pretty much the same. I haven't beat it again with Extended Cut, but I have watched it on YouTube and I think it a great improvement. Besides, Mass Effect as a franchise is still the best singleplayer ever. (not counting Half Life)

Plus Its the journey, not the destination

So YES, I will buy Leviathan
Back to top Go down
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:58 pm

gilgamesh v9 wrote:
I thought the endings were okay by themselves, but terrible when you realized that they were pretty much the same. I haven't beat it again with Extended Cut, but I have watched it on YouTube and I think it a great improvement. Besides, Mass Effect as a franchise is still the best singleplayer ever. (not counting Half Life)

So YES, I will buy Leviathan

kinda disagree with that. Mass effect had its problems, even from mass effect 2 and it kinda did it for me when i saw the endings. I was like "WTF did i see?". I am someone who wants stuff to make sense in the bigger picture.

I thought they will tie up all the three games in the series really well. But none of the things you do in mass effect 2 has any sort of impact in the third game. You know, coz EA wanted to make the game "accessible" to everyone. That greediness affected the story and the characters a lot. You get a replacement character if the original dies. You even get replacement people to die, if you dont have the original character who is supposed to die. I was soo looking forward to fight at the side of cerberus and the illusive man. Ending was the final nail on the coffin
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

Antall Innlegg : 91

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:08 pm

I will most likely buy Leviathan as I do enjoy the story of ME3, its just the ending that I don't like.
gilgamesh v9 wrote:
I somewhat agree with you, but as someone who has played and put many, many hours into all three Mass Effect games, to say that I was disappointed with the ME3 ending would be an understatement. Throughout ME1 and ME2, I was under the impression that my choices in ME1 and ME2 would effect the ME3 ending.
mignik01 wrote:
I thought they will tie up all the three games in the series really well. But none of the things you do in mass effect 2 has any sort of impact in the third game. You know, coz EA wanted to make the game "accessible" to everyone.
I agreed with you here. By making the game 'accessible to everyone', they completely 'forgot' (I use this word loosely) about all of the people who have made Mass Effect into what it is today.
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:28 pm

I can agree with you there. making it accessible to everyone is a great business decision but not so great for the hardcore fans. Call of Duty does this a lot too, albeit in a different way
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:42 pm

gilgamesh v9 wrote:
I can agree with you there. making it accessible to everyone is a great business decision but not so great for the hardcore fans. Call of Duty does this a lot too, albeit in a different way
Yeah it does, hence why I no longer play it.
Hopefully for future Mass Effect games, Bioware/EA will learn from this mistake.
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:52 pm

On a side note, is anyone going to buy 'Firefight Pack', the new weapon pack for SP?
I am, just so I can test out the Cerberus Harrier as I have no unlocked it in MP yet and the two new weapons as they will most likely be added to MP at some point.

Last edited by theeav3ng3r on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:54 pm

theeav3ng3r wrote:
On a side note, is anyone going to buy 'Firefight Pack', the new weapon pack for SP?
I am, just so I can test out the Cerberus Harrier as I have no unlocked it in MP yet.

Yeah, for the same reason
Back to top Go down
Psyfun

Antall Innlegg : 18

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:23 pm

I'll probably buy it, because I thought for the most part the game was really good. Only 3 points in the game did I not enjoy: 1) The ending, I didn't think it was "bad" I just felt it wasn't the ending to the game series I had been playing; 2) Thessia, I gave no shits that it burned down (let's face it the Asari councilor has been a jackass throughout the games) and only went there for some crappy VI that got stolen anyway, felt like a total waste; 3) The fact that throughout the games there just isn't enough opportunity to give the Council the finger, 1 was the best with the "dropped" calls, 3 is the worst because it's entirely "do as we say, or we'll pout!"

I thought the rest of the game was really good though, from the actual selection of gear and leveled weapons/mods to places like Sanctuary which tie into the story very strongly, to the much improved "scanning" system.
Back to top Go down
only1biggs
only1biggs

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:31 pm

gilgamesh v9 wrote:

for me, this is a complete cop out. the game just sucked ass, me2 made no sense and was pointless in the overarching narrative. mass effect stands alone. if it had the power/combat mechanics of me3 (without A or Spacebar doing everything), it would be one of THE best games ever made...
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:40 pm

only1biggs wrote:
gilgamesh v9 wrote:

for me, this is a complete cop out. the game just sucked ass, me2 made no sense and was pointless in the overarching narrative. mass effect stands alone. if it had the power/combat mechanics of me3 (without A or Spacebar doing everything), it would be one of THE best games ever made...

I will respectfully disagree with you then. To me, the Mass Effect universe and story was amazing up until the last 10 minutes or so.
Back to top Go down
only1biggs
only1biggs

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:31 am

don't get me wrong, i loved mass effect 1, enjoyed playing mass effect 2, and thought mass effect 3 missed the mark. my perspective is from story telling though, and mass effect 2 ignored a lot of what mass effect 1 set up. mass effect 3 was ok in some parts....

i could write an essay on my reasoning, i'll just agree to disagree with you dude Wink
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:33 am

gilgamesh v9 wrote:
To me, the Mass Effect universe and story was amazing up until the last 10 minutes or so.
I agree with this.
Back to top Go down
IceFire89

IceFire89

Antall Innlegg : 17

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Hello there,
I'm still thinking about getting the DLC, but i wouldn't read anything about it, because i would wanna play it blind, to grasp the full story behind it.
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:47 pm

if what i've heard is correct, and this is before ME3 then the plotline is really going to be in shambles, even more so...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?   Anybody getting the leviathan DLC? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody getting the leviathan DLC?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MASS EFFECT 3 :: General Discussion-
Jump to: