Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:: What's up gamers! ::.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ME3 MP Beta Testers

Go down 
+3
zHHk
theeav3ng3r
only1biggs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
only1biggs
only1biggs

Antall Innlegg : 75

ME3 MP Beta Testers Empty
PostSubject: ME3 MP Beta Testers   ME3 MP Beta Testers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:47 am

Just thought I'd put this out for discussion...

With all the constant "nerfing" being done to weapons/powers on the game, don't you feel like a beta tester for Bioware in some capacity? The crowing turd in the pipe is that it basically stems from the Bioware Social Network, with everyone complaining that things are "overpowered"; which zhhk highlighted as being completely redundant term now.

It angers me that this will continue to dull a game which is already wearing thin.
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

Antall Innlegg : 91

PostSubject: Re: ME3 MP Beta Testers   ME3 MP Beta Testers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:54 am

I agree. I can not understand why so many people over on the Bioware Social Network are always asking for <insert weapon here> to be nerfed.
I further can not understand why people asked for a nerf on the N7 Typhoon. It is an ultra rare gun, meaning that it should perform better than lower class weapons.
It is almost like people don't want their ultra rare weapons to be good.

Last edited by theeav3ng3r on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zHHk
Admin
zHHk

Antall Innlegg : 46

PostSubject: Re: ME3 MP Beta Testers   ME3 MP Beta Testers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:57 am

It's beyond me.

It feels like the first couple of months of Battlefield 3 - which I accepted because everything was handeled in moderation. I don't feel the same about ME3MP. And the constant "NERF THIS" thread-galore going on over at BSN is not helping one bit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/lacokanostradamus
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

Antall Innlegg : 103

PostSubject: Re: ME3 MP Beta Testers   ME3 MP Beta Testers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:30 am

yeah, I mean I understand the concept of Power Creep and how everyone using Piranhas might destabalize the metagame, but everyone needs to just be quiet and stop crying for nerfs. If you don't like people using it, play with people who don't use it.
Back to top Go down
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

Antall Innlegg : 60

PostSubject: Re: ME3 MP Beta Testers   ME3 MP Beta Testers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:43 am

zHHk wrote:
It's beyond me.

It feels like the first couple of months of Battlefield 3 - which I accepted because everything was handeled in moderation. I don't feel the same about ME3MP. And the constant "NERF THIS" thread-galore going on over at BSN is not helping one bit.

They are taking a very good gun and making it absolutely useless. Falcon anyone? The typhoon eats through your equipment, it needs to be fired up before you aim at a target. The fact that the gun had monstrous damage and armour penetration made this worth the effort. Now why would i use the typhoon anymore. It deals as much damage as a cerberus harrier and if you have a demolisher on your team, you wont run out of ammo.
Back to top Go down
Psyfun

Antall Innlegg : 18

PostSubject: Re: ME3 MP Beta Testers   ME3 MP Beta Testers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:57 am

I don't exactly feel like a Beta tester... More like a Focus Group tester. For the most part the product is polished with fairly limited bugs (admittedly some of the ones that exist are rather major, but that stems more from the difficulty of fixing them.) However they constantly make fairly minor changes to see "how it feels", it honestly makes me think of an MMO the way they holy-grail balance. It is not an MMO though and that's what irks me, why worry about these constant minor issues when there is almost no competitive aspects, and very little actual focus on "teamwork".

Edit: I guess most people won't understand why I said Focus Group tester, instead of Beta, and I realize that I should clarify. I used to work for EA's Quality Assurance department, and as such Beta has very specific connotations to me. Most "Public Betas" you see for games these days are little more than Demos with a different name, as such I very much don't feel this is a Beta. It's a full product, it's just being treated in a manner that doesn't suit the actual product.
Back to top Go down
only1biggs
only1biggs

PostSubject: Re: ME3 MP Beta Testers   ME3 MP Beta Testers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:44 am

the falcon is still one of the best guns in the game. anything that gives you stun power is good in my eyes, and it's highly underused/underrated.
also, "nerfing" doesn't make sense in this aspect of gaming as it's not vs player. the ONLY point to it, apart from having a bit of fun with friends, is to "beat the computer" and unlock stuff with the credits you earn. nerfing the best guns only makes the game less entertaining...

i only just got the typhoon, so i have no comparison as to how good it actually was (aside from vids on youtube). pathetic
Back to top Go down
DonPidgeon

DonPidgeon

Antall Innlegg : 15

PostSubject: Re: ME3 MP Beta Testers   ME3 MP Beta Testers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:50 am

You are playing a tiered game.

Not everyone should be able to finish Platinum. Nor Gold. Nor Silver. Heck, even Bronze should be a challenge until you've unlocked and learnt a few things.
As your skill increases you go up in the tiers.
Just because you got lucky and unlocked a particular class / weapon doesn't mean that automatically you are eligible for Platinum. You should know when you can help the team. That knowledge doesn't come with a high DPS combo. It comes from knowing the game and your own weaknesses and strengths.

I prefer the Destroyer on Platinum. Is Destroyer the only thing I play on Platinum? No, if the team want to do an all Krogan run, I switch. Since I know the fundamentals and not just 'point Typhoon at Banshee, hold trigger until she is dead' I still can contribute even if a Krogan Carnage build is not my favourite class.
My friend doesn't like the Destroyer at all, claims it is too slow (and thus mocks me every time I get banshee'd) but that is his play style but since he knows the fundamentals, he still can contribute to the team when do an all-Destroyer-Sniper run.

Putting whatever combo is popular right now (GI-Piranha) in the hands of someone who doesn't know the fundamentals will warp their perception of the game. He will of course score well, but will not perform adequately when that combo is taken away from him. Just look at all the whiners over the Infiltrator 'nerf'. Pages and pages of threads all raging on how useless the Infiltrator suddenly became. Is it? Is it really? What class is mostly used in all the Platinum speedruns?

As for the latest Typhoon rage. Typhoon WAS overpowered. One clip to melt a Banshee? What gun can do that? Harrier? Not even with Spare Thermal Clips can it take down a Banshee with its entire ammo-capacity. It's still a decent gun. With its bonuses against all defences it's still my preferred gun against bosses.
And for all the whine that Bioware removed the fun out of MP when they nerfed the Typhoon? If the only time you had fun in ME3 MP was the two weeks between Earth DLC and the nerf, perhaps it's better to start shopping around for another game?

And finishing of, I think you put way too much trust in that Bioware changes things because a small percentage is doing speedruns or posting 'nerf'-threads on forums. Bioware has feedback on which weapons and classes is used the most. Do you really think that the Piranha nerf next week will be because of two threads on the forum or two videos of Platinum speedruns? No, it's because 80% of all lobbies consist of the Piranha. It's easily the most used weapon right now. This is what dictates Bioware to look over the weapons / classes. Look at what is buffed. Is it the most used weapons / powers? Hardly. Usage dictates what Bioware changes. Not threads or videos.

tl;dr: Balance is good, even if only playing against AI.
Back to top Go down
only1biggs
only1biggs

PostSubject: Re: ME3 MP Beta Testers   ME3 MP Beta Testers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:14 am

DonPidgeon wrote:

As for the latest Typhoon rage. Typhoon WAS overpowered. One clip to melt a Banshee? What gun can do that?

but there SHOULD be a gun that can do this, that's the point. plus, like you said, if you put this in the wrong hands on platinum, they will not do well. there must be variety or things become stale. the typhoon WAS balanced as it had massive weight, but they messed up because they basically designed it to be on the destroyer class, which is described as "walking turret". typhoon on the turian soldier is fantastic, also fun on human soldier, because you have to use gear and equipment to boost your recharge speeds etc. that's good balance..
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

Antall Innlegg : 91

PostSubject: Re: ME3 MP Beta Testers   ME3 MP Beta Testers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:27 pm

mignik01 wrote:
They are taking a very good gun and making it absolutely useless. Falcon anyone?
The Falcon is still a great weapon.
DonPidgeon wrote:
As for the latest Typhoon rage. Typhoon WAS overpowered. One clip to melt a Banshee? What gun can do that?
I feel that the Typhoon was balanced. Yes it had high damage, but [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it took 1 second of constant firing for the weapon's damage modifier to 'kick in' and 1.75 seconds to reach its max firerate, which is a long time to be exposed on higher difficulties.
Also, the Typhoon is very heavy, which limits the classes that it can be used on.
My final point is that it is an ultra rare, meaning that for the average player, it will take along time for them to unlock it and level it up.

Last edited by theeav3ng3r on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

Antall Innlegg : 103

PostSubject: Re: ME3 MP Beta Testers   ME3 MP Beta Testers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:47 pm

i never unlocked the typhoon (still haven't) but I think that it was balanced for the reasons stated. its a shame BSN didn't think so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ME3 MP Beta Testers   ME3 MP Beta Testers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ME3 MP Beta Testers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MASS EFFECT 3 :: General Discussion-
Jump to: