Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:: What's up gamers! ::.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game core files

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

Antall Innlegg : 60

Game core files Empty
PostSubject: Game core files   Game core files I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 1:20 pm

I saw the dual commentary zhhk did with jumpin. In that he talked about changing the game core files to change the key binding and assign different keys for running and taking cover. Taking cover when i actually want to run is the number one thing that gets me killed in games. my internet is not the strongest so i have a bit of lag sometimes and the next thing you know, you are behind cover. Can you do a video on how to change the game files for stuff like these. Do you need to know coding? the only programming language I am familiar with is C++.
Back to top Go down
Madsgyver

Madsgyver

Antall Innlegg : 4

Game core files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game core files   Game core files I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 1:37 pm

See this thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

Antall Innlegg : 91

Game core files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game core files   Game core files I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 3:25 pm

mignik01 wrote:
I saw the dual commentary zhhk did with jumpin. In that he talked about changing the game core files to change the key binding and assign different keys for running and taking cover. Taking cover when i actually want to run is the number one thing that gets me killed in games. my internet is not the strongest so i have a bit of lag sometimes and the next thing you know, you are behind cover. Can you do a video on how to change the game files for stuff like these. Do you need to know coding? the only programming language I am familiar with is C++.
zHHk has said (a couple times before) that he has been contacted directly by Bioware (hence why he removed his Platinum Mod video) asking him to not to show other persons how to mod the game files, so a video is out of the question.
Madsgyver wrote:
See this thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This is your best shot.
Back to top Go down
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

Game core files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game core files   Game core files I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 3:49 pm

this is not modding, this is just getting rid of an annoyance.
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

Antall Innlegg : 103

Game core files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game core files   Game core files I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 4:53 pm

I do remember seeing in a Modding Thread on BSN that anything that changes the game fundamentally (increasing weapon damage, decreasing enemy health etc) is grounds for a ban, but things that are "harmless" (removing the HUD, remapping controls) are okay to do
Back to top Go down
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

Game core files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game core files   Game core files I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 5:06 pm

I am getting so sick of bioware that, if the single player story didnt suck and I didnt have to resort to multiplayer, I would've done all of that and said a huge F*** YOU to the bioware people and downloaded a crack. They dont fix banshees grabbing you through walls but they nerf the typhoon. I dont even have that weapon, now I would never be able know how good it was. BSN (BULL SHIT NETWORK) is full of crybabies. OOOOO nerf this or nerf that. How about adding a dodge or a roll to the turian or giving him a bit more health and shields or making the melee classes a bit more viable in platinum by decreasing the sync kill chances. All of this would make the game fun.
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

Antall Innlegg : 91

Game core files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game core files   Game core files I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 5:58 pm

gilgamesh v9 wrote:
I do remember seeing in a Modding Thread on BSN that anything that changes the game fundamentally (increasing weapon damage, decreasing enemy health etc) is grounds for a ban, but things that are "harmless" (removing the HUD, remapping controls) are okay to do
I must have missed that thread. Thanks for that info.
Back to top Go down
zHHk
Admin
zHHk

Antall Innlegg : 46

Game core files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game core files   Game core files I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:55 am

Yes. I was contacted by BioWare a while back - when modding was still in the grey zone, no one had been banned for it yet. It was about the same time credit hacks were released all over the internet. BioWare didn't want more hacking exposure, so I was asked to remove my videos from YouTube. Being the contribuing (lol) member of the community that I am - I removed them.

There are however "harmless" mods you can use - like the one Madsgyver posted. It will not get you banned to my knowledge. Both Thomas Abrham and Scylla Costa have commented on this - but don't take my word for it. Also, as mentioned in the thread, removing the HUD etc is also NOT considered a banable offense.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/lacokanostradamus
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

Antall Innlegg : 103

Game core files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game core files   Game core files I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:34 am

oog, I'm kinda sad i dont get to play with modding and stuff, being on the xbox. my friends and i would come up with some fun stuff. like a gametype that only spawns Geth Hunters and they just increase in number each wave.... oh man that would make for some entertaining live comms Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game core files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game core files   Game core files I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game core files
Page 1 of 1