Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:: What's up gamers! ::.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

handling banshees and phantoms

Go down 
+2
zHHk
mignik01
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

Antall Innlegg : 60

handling banshees and phantoms Empty
PostSubject: handling banshees and phantoms   handling banshees and phantoms I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:59 am

Hey ZHHK. would you mind doing a video on how to handle banshees and phantoms? I would say all boss level enemies, but these two are the worst. how you predict their moves and the classes that are best and the ones that are not so good at it and what equipment you need to bring to achieve that. I recently spent 1.5 million credits and i have 3 ap ammo left. I am really afraid to use that because i play with randoms a lot and sometimes they die on wave 1 after spawns are all screwed up and you get shot from all directions. Then you equipment is lost. It'd be great if you can show us how to handle two banshees alone or two phantoms alone.
Back to top Go down
zHHk
Admin
zHHk

Antall Innlegg : 46

PostSubject: Re: handling banshees and phantoms   handling banshees and phantoms I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:05 am

Sure thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/lacokanostradamus
DonPidgeon

DonPidgeon

Antall Innlegg : 15

PostSubject: Re: handling banshees and phantoms   handling banshees and phantoms I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:41 am

This.

If I get alone with two Banshees/Phantoms I usually pull out the missile launcher. I don't want to risk getting grabbed/stabbed when I'm the sole survivor. Especially if we are close to the money wave.

If I'm playing the Fury the best thing against Phantoms is just Dark Channel them and then run and hide. 30 seconds later you will get the kill-message and can hunt down the other one. Smile

For dealing with Banshees find long stretches of the map. Run down the stretch, take cover and wait for the banshee to appear and shoot until she get close. Run away to the next stretch. Repeat until she is dead. If possible, put some Damage Over Time on her so she doesn't regen her barriers.

Be aware when she starts to jump though. You don't want her so close that she can close that gap before you started to run.
If you have full health you should survive her space magic ball. If not, Ops pack it before you get down to critical health. Ops packs doesn't work when you're at critical health gate.

Also, leave the banshees alone until you've cleared out the smaller mobs. Run around the map, take cover and take out Marauders / Cannibals / Ravagers or whatever is left on the map. Banshees most vital threat is not space magic ball or insta-grab. It's that she diverts attention from the smaller mobs so that single Marauder can get his very accurate shots in your back.
Back to top Go down
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

PostSubject: Re: handling banshees and phantoms   handling banshees and phantoms I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:23 pm

I am just so jealous when professionals like ZHHK mow them down in 5 secs and they stand there helpless.
Back to top Go down
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

Antall Innlegg : 103

PostSubject: Re: handling banshees and phantoms   handling banshees and phantoms I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:31 pm

mignik01 wrote:
I am just so jealous when professionals like ZHHK mow them down in 5 secs and they stand there helpless.

Right? I just watched his Demolisher Video and Banshees and Atlases didn't live for more than a few seconds. Albeit his team was helping. but that was crazy
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

Antall Innlegg : 91

PostSubject: Re: handling banshees and phantoms   handling banshees and phantoms I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:47 am

DonPidgeon wrote:
Also, leave the banshees alone until you've cleared out the smaller mobs. Run around the map, take cover and take out Marauders / Cannibals / Ravagers or whatever is left on the map. Banshees most vital threat is not space magic ball or insta-grab. It's that she diverts attention from the smaller mobs so that single Marauder can get his very accurate shots in your back.
This is extremely important. Kill everything else first before dealing with the Banshee. Note that Banshee's at range pose little danger to you, whereas other units (such as Marauder's) are a constant danger.
DonPidgeon wrote:
If possible, put some Damage Over Time on her so she doesn't regen her barriers.
This is also a good to do while dealing with the other units as it prevents the selected enemies barriers/shields from regening.
Back to top Go down
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

PostSubject: Re: handling banshees and phantoms   handling banshees and phantoms I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:48 am

it really kinda hard running around in platinum and if you camp, you have to kill the banshee. Phantoms are kinda okay now with the demolisher but banshees are still a headache
Back to top Go down
theeav3ng3r
theeav3ng3r

Antall Innlegg : 91

PostSubject: Re: handling banshees and phantoms   handling banshees and phantoms I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:04 am

mignik01 wrote:
it really kinda hard running around in platinum and if you camp, you have to kill the banshee. Phantoms are kinda okay now with the demolisher but banshees are still a headache
Your playing on Platinum? That changes things. The advice in my previous post applies to Gold. As I do not play on Platinum, I do not feel that I am in a position to give adequate advice.
Back to top Go down
DonPidgeon

DonPidgeon

PostSubject: Re: handling banshees and phantoms   handling banshees and phantoms I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:51 am

mignik01 wrote:

Stop handling Platinum like it is a variant of Firebase White / Geth / Gold. I know everyone is posting videos on where you should turtle up on Firebase Glacier to 'survive' Platinum but then you are basically just playing a newer version of FBWGG. This might be 'easy' mode, but certainly not fun.

Platinum is a harder version of Gold. If you know how to have a successful team on Gold, you know the basics for Platinum. Platinum is more about camping than Gold, that is correct. But you should also know when it's time to tell the team to leave the hole, relocate to some other choke point and hold down the fort there for some time before moving back or to a third choke point, depending on the map.
This means you should know how to position your team to control spawn points. Sure, everything is hectic in the middle of waves and enemies might spawn on top of you, but the first couple of spawns you should be able to control exactly. You want the team positioned so that camping spot is not overrun from a direction where you are not firing at. Example; Firebase Giant, If you are holeing up in the control room, leave one guy at the ammoboxes in lower parts of the control room (past the two ramps).
Also control spawn points during objective waves. Perhaps it's a good idea to put a guy between the pizza and the landing pad to make sure that new enemies don't appear there during the delivery?
Another thing to keep in mind in what wave you are on. If you play against a certain faction, you will learn which waves are the hardest and which are the easiest for you. For example, against Cerberus wave 5 is hard while wave 9 is pretty simple.

Back to top Go down
Gavrilo91

Gavrilo91

Antall Innlegg : 19

PostSubject: Re: handling banshees and phantoms   handling banshees and phantoms I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:38 pm

the GPS is really good againts phantoms because it staggers them, or anything human sized. and it is just a good weapon over all
and for the banshees i like having something to debuff them (cryoblast, proxymine, warp...)
hope this was some kind of help
Back to top Go down
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

PostSubject: Re: handling banshees and phantoms   handling banshees and phantoms I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I made this thread to find out what happens if you left to clutch wave 8 or 9. It happens so often. I can handle one banshee but two of them is a bit overwhelming. Phantoms are not that much of an issue since i got the destroyer and the pirahna
Back to top Go down
DonPidgeon

DonPidgeon

PostSubject: Re: handling banshees and phantoms   handling banshees and phantoms I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:27 am

mignik01 wrote:
Phantoms are not that much of an issue since i got the destroyer and the pirahna

I don't like the Piranha against Phantoms. They jump around too much.
Currently my platinum character is a Destroyer that rolls with the Typhoon and the GPS. Barrage Gear, Warp ammo and shotgun amp. The GPS is a Phantom killer. Shoot and stagger them until they are dead.
It's ridiculous how effective that is.

Back to top Go down
mignik01
Z-Cakez
Z-Cakez

PostSubject: Re: handling banshees and phantoms   handling banshees and phantoms I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:42 am

DonPidgeon wrote:
mignik01 wrote:
Phantoms are not that much of an issue since i got the destroyer and the pirahna

I don't like the Piranha against Phantoms. They jump around too much.
Currently my platinum character is a Destroyer that rolls with the Typhoon and the GPS. Barrage Gear, Warp ammo and shotgun amp. The GPS is a Phantom killer. Shoot and stagger them until they are dead.
It's ridiculous how effective that is.

I dont have the typhoon. Thank you RNG. not been a huge fan of the gps. I like the typhoon with the choke and the damage mod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: handling banshees and phantoms   handling banshees and phantoms I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

handling banshees and phantoms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: YOUTUBE :: zHHk's YouTube-
Jump to: