Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:: What's up gamers! ::.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How are the new maps?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

Antall Innlegg : 103

How are the new maps? Empty
PostSubject: How are the new maps?   How are the new maps? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:47 pm

I haven't played them yet, but I haven't heard anything about them. Are they fun? Is it best to run around or hold one spot? What classes work best on them? Question
Back to top Go down
Psyfun

Antall Innlegg : 18

PostSubject: Re: How are the new maps?   How are the new maps? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:28 pm

All 3 are fairly large, though spread out very differently.

Vancouver: Basically a square, made up of 4 smaller squares of different elevations with moderate cover. Note that while you can use the air ducts as cover enemies can shoot "under" the cover and hit you, so its risky. Generally people like to start at the high-ground near the labs and work their way outward, the labs has the best cover in general and good sightlines.

Rio: Long skinny map generally divided into 2 halves by the control tower in the center. Due to it's nature it is often easiest to start on one end and work your way across, but many players want to hang out in the control tower. This map also has a whopping 8 ammo crates, 2 of which give 3 grenades.

London: A + shaped map with a clear high-ground and killbox, fairly simple to control, but be warned the killbox works both ways, and as such it is dangerous to enter if you don't have a clear idea of what will be shooting you.

Edit: As to what classes work best on them... the only thing I would say is melee focused characters have a moderate disadvantage on London due to the killbox nature. Other than that no classes are particularly better or worse on a given map, they all have areas suited to any playstyle.
Back to top Go down
NanTheOne

NanTheOne

Antall Innlegg : 6

PostSubject: Re: How are the new maps?   How are the new maps? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Vancouver is by far my favorite new map now. It has this tower sort of lookout point that players tend to hold which is pretty cool. Demolishers tend to set up supply pylons there. Also, the map is large, yet small at the same time because you can take a ladder to get to the opposite side of the map. Easy get away from enemies, and Banshee's can't teleport over ladders because the ones in Van are too long.

Some set ups I've done and completed on Gold+ Vancouver are:

Gold:

Fury
Fury
Demo
Drell Adept

Fury
Drell Vanguard
Asari Adept
Kai Leng

Platinum:
Fury
Destroyer
Demo
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down
Maqeurious

Maqeurious

Antall Innlegg : 2

PostSubject: Re: How are the new maps?   How are the new maps? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 8:57 am

Be careful with the Rio map. A lot of people have been having problems with it crashing their games. I've had it twice myself, and my game NEVER crashes. DC's.... sure. But NEVER CRASHES until now.
Back to top Go down
http://maqeurious.deviantart.com/
gilgamesh v9
Bro!
Bro!
gilgamesh v9

Antall Innlegg : 103

PostSubject: Re: How are the new maps?   How are the new maps? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Alright, I've played a lot in the past two days and the maps are really well designed and i enjoy the artistic value of them, but I find them a bit more difficult. and for some reason fighting Geth just sucks even more
Back to top Go down
NanTheOne

NanTheOne

Antall Innlegg : 6

PostSubject: Re: How are the new maps?   How are the new maps? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 8:08 pm

gilgamesh v9 wrote:
Alright, I've played a lot in the past two days and the maps are really well designed and i enjoy the artistic value of them, but I find them a bit more difficult. and for some reason fighting Geth just sucks even more

For Vancouver, try NOT to set up camp in the mini bar, it's actually a death pit if enemies are and/or are entering. The vent area next to the bar is a nice place to set up. Also, the ladders are your friends in Vancouver because Banshees cannot teleport over them. Take advantage of that.

For Rio, try not to stick in an area that will allow the AI to fill in or cross you. So far the best spot I've found is a small ammo crate room on the far side of the map opposite and paralleled to the extraction zone. It's in the area where the light flashes red, that area seems to be a pretty optimal area for platinum players who just don't dish out enough damage or are just squishy.

As for London... Well, try not to get sandwiched there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are the new maps?   How are the new maps? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How are the new maps?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MASS EFFECT 3 :: General Discussion-
Jump to: